Last updated: 05/14/2021
If you are not interested to read the rest of this document, we do not blame you, here are a very quick overview of our data privacy practices:
- We do not share any user information with any third parties.
- We do not send any marketing emails to our users, only operational information. regarding our service and how it might affect them.
- We do not collect or store any customer, or order data from the Shopify shops.
Data collection and usage.
Shopify shop information
Your Shopify shop information is collected as part of the Siggy app installation. This includes the Shopify shop email address, the Shop ID, and others. You can see the full list of the potential data collected at https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/store-properties/shop
We use the shop email and shop ID to establish a user account in Siggy to give you access to app configuration, analytics page, and other areas of the app.
All of the shop information we store is deleted when you uninstall the Shopify app immediately.
Siggy indexes the Shopify product data to provide recommendations to the users. Product data includes product images, name, description, title, and other attributes. All of the product data are publicly available on the web from the store. Siggy does not store the product data itself but its index. The index contains numerical values representing the product.
The product index we store is deleted when you uninstall the Shopify app immediately.
Analytics and tracking
We also collect your Shopify shoppers’ visiting data to gather analytics on how Siggy performs through our analytics engine. This information includes:
- Recommendation views
- Clicks on recommended products
- Recommended products added to cart
- Recommended products purchased
This analytics information is collected anonymously without capturing any personally identifiable information (PII) and is used to present analytics data to the Shopify shop owner only.
The analytics data is deleted when you uninstall the Shopify app immediately.
The tracking information is collected anonymously, it is not tied to any personally identifiable information (PII), and is used only by Siggy to improve user experience only.
GDPR and CCPA
GDPR (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation) is a relevant data privacy regulation for EU residents.
Siggy is compliant with GDPR by the following:
- Siggy does not collect or process any personal information of the consumer (Shopify shop customers).
- Siggy users (Shopify shop owners) have the right as data owners to request a copy of their data stored by Siggy by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should receive a copy of their data within 30 days of the request.
- Siggy users have the right to have their data redacted (deleted) when they no longer need the service. This can be done simply by removing Siggy from their Shopify shop.
Siggy does not need to comply with the CCPA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Consumer_Privacy_Act) since it does not satisfy any of its thresholds.